Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dancing

I was scouring the Internet earlier, doing what I do best, researching the boy, what we can do for him now, what to expect as he gets older. Oh and being constantly plagued by the image of the girl last night and her "not normal" tantrum. (I shudder to think of our lot with her had we not been turned on to slightly alternative care early on...) Anyways, I came across a quote that I dare say may become my motto.

It's not about getting to the other side of the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Somehow my lot in life has become stormy, and for the next however long I'm looking at, I would say that I will be in the storm more than in the sun. So I better learn to dance in the rain. That's what I'm trying to do. Look at the blessings I have as opposed to the hindrances. (I mean he is living right? By all accounts he shouldn't even be with us right now.)

But life will be bleak if I am blinded by the storm. Because as much as we want to say things will improve, you can't grow out of a significant brain injury. Gains will be made, he will continue to astound us all, but almost always a new storm will be lurking around the corner.

So I'm getting my umbrella, and putting on my dancing shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent writing, Amy. We all need to learn to "dance in the rain" and look at our blessings. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete