Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gluten free TOURTURE

Fish has, ummm, a few allergies. Okay, it is more like the amount of foods she has to avoid sends the normal person's head spinning. The rest of the house (tries) to avoid gluten and dairy, but to make things that Fish can enjoy adds a bit of a challenge to my culinary skill.



Which brings me to my dilemma... gluten free bread SUCKS! I don't care what you say, I have yet to find a bread store bought or homemade that actually tastes good. (and things with chocolate or chocolate chips do not count!) And to make it homemade is a true feat, especially since I don't do recipes, or baking for that matter, very well. Add to this making it gluten, dairy, soy, and egg free also the challenge become almost impossible.



Enter my Christmas present...



The Wolfgang puck programmable bread maker with a gluten free setting! I am quite excited to start playing around with different recipes and hopefully find one we like. The details of adventures in bread making are soon to come, as unpacking it from the box and clearing the counter was all I could handle today!

No comments:

Post a Comment