Sunday, January 31, 2010

Products I currently LOVE!

So I promise the sure step pics are soon to come, the girl has come down with a bit of a cold so I haven't been torturing her with them. Said cold has made me want to give her something that will help her feel better and help her get over her cold a bit faster... and oh, did I mention it needs to not have any traditional, non pronounceable, inactive ingredients that most over the counter cold remedies rely heavily on. Enter homeopathic remedies. I fall firmly in the "sorta-crunchy crowd". I am more than willing to try homeopathic medicines, but I don't know enough(or really care enough) to be able to mix up my own. Luckily for me, and all others in the "sorta- crunchy" camp there are some great companies who do it for you!

First up is something called Sambucol. This is a common brand name for an elderberry extract, which is a natural immune booster. This is a staple in our house, for all of us, not just Fish. Natures way makes something similar, the name doesn't really matter the elderberry is the important thing!
http://www.sambucolusa.com/

Second is Chestal for Kids by Boiron. This is a natural cough relief and it help to loosen the mucus. We just bought this for the first time today, and am very impressed. Fish was coughing nonstop last night and earlier today, but after she took the chestal, no more cough!
http://www.boironusa.com/products.aspx?prodid=16


Last but not least is a product by Hylands (makers of every mom's favorite teething tablets!) named C-plus Cold Tablets . These little tablets are taken to stop or ease runny noses. I was most sceptical of this product, but believe it or not after taking it for half of a day, no more runny nose!
http://www.hylands.com/products/cplus.php

Any product that makes my little Fish feel better makes me happy, especially ones that work with her dietary restrains, and don't simply mask the symptoms! Have any cold remedies or products you swear by? Share the wealth!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooo sorry that my kid infected Lizzy! She seems to have infected everyone around her before I realized it was a true cold. :( Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, writing these down! Cam is the king of snotty noses.

    ReplyDelete