Wednesday, February 24, 2010

GF/CF on a shoe: Banana Chocolate Vivanno


You know, because it's not as cheap as a shoestring!

Remember Vivannos at Starbucks... mmmm.... Banana Chocolate with a double shot of espresso was my standard order for the longest time. The only problem was that they were about 5 bucks, and contained both gluten and casein... even if you used soy milk(which I never did, because in my opinion soy milk tastes like dirt!). I am coffee addicted, but not just coffee... foo foo coffee addicted. If we go through any drive through Fish will start calling "mocha?" out of the back seat. I think that says it all.

So with out further delay, my rendition of a GF/CF Banana Chocolate Vivanno with a double shot of espresso! I am using one of those nifty single serve blenders, but a large one should work too!

1/2 frozen banana
2 shots espresso, chilled OR 1/4 strongly brewed coffee chilled
1-2 tbs chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's special dark)
5 or so ice cubes
enough milk sub to make it bendable... I used about a 1/3 cup of So Delicious Coconut Milk, original flavor

Optional... 1 tbs. powdered sugar (didn't use it, but it is what is in the powder at Starbucks to make it super smooth and creamy)

Throw it all in the blender and give it a whirl. Tastes just like the real thing!


3 comments:

  1. thanks, sounds delicious! i'll have to give it a try. anything with chocolate and coffee is a hit for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Let me know when you want us to come over so you can make me one. ;)

    ReplyDelete