Saturday, February 27, 2010

GF/CF on a Shoe: No-bake Cookies

The Cleveland post is coming, look for it sometime tomorrow. I am simply stalling on uploading pictures. In the meantime I will continue the GF/CF on a Shoe series. Anyone who knows me knows that I swear GF/CF is not THAT hard once you get past the first week of cravings or so. But while dealing with those cravings, you need a good cheat free substitute! Gluten free Oats are the base of this recipe, make sure they are Gluten Free! They will say it if they are! Word on google is that quinoa flakes can be subbed for oats if you cannot tolerate those, but I have no experience trying these cookies with them, let me know how it works out if you do. And sorry for the lack of a picture, our batch was ate before I got my act together enough to take one. I assure you, they look like traditional no-bakes!

No Bake Cookies, GF/CF style!

2 cups sugar (I used the organic stuff that is unbleached but plain old white sugar works too!)
1/2 cup powdered baking cocoa
1/2 cup milk substitute (or milk!)
1/2 cup dairy free margarine (we use earth balance around here)
1 teaspoon vanilla (not all is
GF, be sure to check!)
1/2 cup peanut butter (we used the natural stuff you leave in the fridge)
3 cups gluten free oats (
Bob's red mill is what is in our pantry!)

Add the sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter in saucepan.
Stir regularly bring to a low boil, let boil for 2 minutes while stirring mixture.
Turn heat off, add vanilla and peanut butter. When peanut butter is completely melted into mixture, add oats.
Spoon globs onto wax paper, let sit until completely set up, about 1-2 hours. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment